- On admission students are assessed through 1:1 sessions, input from professionals and supporting documentation to choose the appropriate pathway.
- At the end of each term the placement is reviewed and where necessary a transition plan will be put in place to support re-entry to mainstream or alternative in-person provision.
- At the end of the academic year a students progress is reviewed and a decision is made to either progress to the next level, remain on the same level for another year, or transition to in-person education.
- Based around projects and rich tasks to maximise engagement
- Regular assessment tasks to facilitate discussion around progress (assessments include reflection, tasks and tests)
- Informal feedback for students, but progress monitoring informed by context and shared with professionals.
- 4 hours per week for Maths and English
- 2 hours per week for Creative Arts (Music Production and Games Art)
- Maths and English Curriculums touch on PSHE, Science and Religion topics as well as meeting Fundamental British Values
- Weekly assemblies to cover current affairs, values and personal development
- Additional extra-curricular options such as reading, music sharing and film clubs to help students improve their critical skills, oracy and social skills
- Use of quizzes, polls, interactive feedback software and google classroom to monitor progress in lessons
- Continuous opportunities to receive feedback
|09:00 to 10:00
|10:00 to 11:00
|11:00 to 12:00
|13:00 to 14:00
Each student will be provided with a Chiron OEP iPad, stylus and scientific calculator to allow them to access lessons. The iPads are managed by our partners at Jigsaw education and are pre-loaded with all the necessary apps to ensure that students can participate in their programmes.
Showbie is an online learning app that combines all the essential tools for assignments, feedback, and communication in one sleek, easy-to-use app. Students can receive work, catch up with lesson recordings, receive detailed feedback from staff in formats that suit them.